HOW CAN BE ONE GETS TO BE A LEATHER ADDICT?
One can easily say he is hooked on leather goods. Then again, How can one be? Instincts made me dig deep. Deep as hundreds of years back BC. It was the basic need of our forefathers. A lot of us, may think of “leaves as Malakas and Maganda” cracked out of the bamboo. But amazingly LEATHER or the clothing that came from animal skin was also “fashionably in”. The early inhabitants made use of LEATHER as significantly as noticeably printed in our history books, encyclopedia and online sites. It is imprinted in our genes pass on from early civilization to the current, making us the present LEATHER addicts. From footwear, jackets and wallets, belts and bags. Our country has experience Leather's popularity back in 1903. But before its fame it has to go through a process and from there a group was formed.
The Tannery is a group of leather artisans dedicated to the production of high quality leather and leather goods. Coming from a long line of Leather makers, the Hermoso family began the venture in 1901 and is considered to be the local pioneers of the industry. Through the years, it has perfected the leather making process, with a know-how pass on from generation to generation; adapting to modern manufacturing technology while retaining the classic and traditional methods. Having acquired the unaltered and pristine leather making knowledge, the company excels and is indeed an expert in making superior quality leather goods for their present and prospective patrons. Tannery, with its expertise, has consistently delivered a wide array of timeless and classic pieces and has transformed the simple bag-making trade into an art no other company can match - masterpieces which are made to last. The company offers nothing less than products of excellence, which, like leather, are ageless, enduring, sleek, and pay homage to tradition, and boast of being organic and eco-friendly.
How to Take Care of Your Leather Bag
1. Keep your leather bags in a cool dry place. Keep them away from children. You don’t want crayons on them.
2. You can purchase canned spray for waterproofing your bag. Moist and other liquids would really ruin the leather. Spray it a day before using the bag.
3. You can also pack your bags in special pouches if they are not in use. It protects your bags from dust and other external matters.
4. A clean dry cloth could be used just to give it a quick wipe and polish.
5. Use the right bag at the right time. (i.e. don’t bring your precious leather bag for camping)
How to distinguish an authentic leather bag
1. For people who wants to own an original leather bag, You seek advice from experts or ask your friend who is into leather goods to help you in purchasing a good one.
2. Look at the price. If it’s cheap, and it’s too good to be true, then you’re probably looking at a fake one.
3. Use your senses. Your bag must look, smell and feel like an authentic one. The leather is grainy, not smooth. The look is not shiny but gives a nice reflection in the light. It should smell like heaven (the shopaholics knows what I’m saying)
4. Buy from a reputable store. The Tannery Manila @ Tiendesitas is a reputable store that sells authentic leather bags that are locally made.
To know more about Tannery Manila click here